After thorough consultation with staff, members of the Board and community stakeholders, regional not for profit organisation CHESS Connect recently implemented a COVID-19 vaccination policy to strengthen its COVID Safe workplaces.
Supporting COVID Safe Workplaces. CHESS Connect introduces COVID Vaccine Policy
Regional NSW communities are facing the newest wave of pandemic disruptions. Businesses are looking to manage the effect of COVID-19, navigating the latest set of guidelines and rules whilst securing safe workplaces for their employees and customers.
“The safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we serve is our top priority" says CEO Paul Kelly. "With this in mind, we have introduced a policy that requires all CHESS Connect employees to have a COVID vaccination or medical exemption as a condition of employment with us. We want to provide as much protection as we can to our staff and customers, many of whom live with disabilities or other vulnerabilities.”
CHESS Connect implemented a suite of measures throughout the pandemic to mitigate the impacts on staff and customers. Since the start of the pandemic, they have:
- Set up daily customer and employee health screening in addition to QR check-in
- Provided remote servicing for some supports as required
- Established of COVID-19 Risk & Contingency team to deliver change management and communications throughout the pandemic
- Delivered wellbeing resources and frameworks to support staff through lockdown and remote working
- Provided of PPE and extra cleaning of sites across the Mid North Coast and Northern Rivers
- Delivered paid leave for employees to attend vaccination appointments
These measures, in addition to the vaccine requirement are in place to ensure the safe continuity and provision of essential services to the CHESS Connect community.
“The pandemic has been tough on all of us” continues Paul. “I'm proud of what our teams have achieved, continuing to provide essential services to our local communities, supporting social connection, economic participation and mental wellbeing throughout challenging times.”
CHESS Connect joins other national and regional not for profits in introducing vaccine requirements for their employees.